Fwd: RE: [imp] DB Connection Handle Consumption

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:59:03 -0400

----- Forwarded message from "Sexton, George" <gsexton@mhsoftware.com> ----
-
    Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:58:30 -0600
    From: "Sexton, George" <gsexton@mhsoftware.com>
 Subject: RE: [imp] DB Connection Handle Consumption
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>

OK, I found the setting in PHP.INI to limit it to a reasonable value. I am
curious though. In another thread that discussed this, you talked about not
caching database connections and the performance hit. I know from
experience
that this can be pretty expensive. The way I get around it in servlet
development is to use a connection pooling class.

What I don't understand is why IMP sets up and tears down the IMAP
connection on every page view. Surely this is a big performance problem
spawning a new imapd every time the user clicks on something. Is there a
way
to turn this on?