[imp] RFC822/PEAR problem ?

Rodolfo Gonzalez rodolfo@equinoxe.g-networks.net
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Miroslaw Jaworski wrote:
> If you want IMP to be smarter than averaage MUA the solution is to add
> mailaddresses vailidity check routine and call it every time "Send" button
> on compose screen was pressed. It can be a simple Javascript function
> with one regexp.

Sorry, but some time ago I proposed to add this kind of validation to the
PHP code directly, but the developers told me it was nearly impossible
(someone even posted a really long regex which validates an address on the
base of the RFC). Anyway, I'd like to propose again that this validation
is done in the sender address _only_ (and maybe make it optional).

Regards.