[imp] Date format

Henry Blackman h.blackman@chester.ac.uk
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:13:31 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Schneider" <jan@horde.org>

> Zitat von Henry Blackman <h.blackman@chester.ac.uk>:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I've been playing around with the Language in horde/imp and was under
> > the
> > impression that if I select en_GB then I should get the date in the
> > format
> > DD/MM/YY (and the same for other European language).  However this is
> > not
> > happening.  The language is changed correctly, so I can see IMP in
> > French
> > for example, but he date stays the same.
>
> It works fine here though there have been several issues reported with the
> British English date formats by some users. Make sure that you have an
> en_GB locale installed on your system.

I do have the en_GB locale on my system, and it does specify dates in the
format DD/MM/YY, but if you look at the demo site with GB english it also
shows the dates the wrong way around.  I've tried French on the demo site
(demo.horde.org I mean), and Spanish on the demo site with two different
IMAP servers one in the US, one in the UK and IMP always shows the date in
the format MM/DD/YY which to anyone outside the USA is aware is pretty
meaningless.

Have I done something wrong?  I've tried with both IE and with Mozilla (1.0
RC1) just in case it was something with the browser but get the same result.
Am I right in thinking that selecting a different language either from the
login page, or from the options will automatically change the date format
without any other setting being involved?

TIA,
Henry