Timeout bug (was Re: [imp] None)

Walter R. Moore moorewr@eckerd.edu
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:50:53 -0400

Let me chime in with a bug report:

I can confirm through a fair amount of testing that there is a problem
in horde 2.0/imp 3.0 when the user has a message open. We have set the
session timeout to 28800, and this works if you leave the browser on the
message listing. If you are viewing a specific message and leave the
broswer idle for no more than 90 minutes, your next click brings you to
the Login screen and the "your session has expired" message.

Not fatal, but it has caused many trips to a certain executives office
to explain the problem. :)

Walter Moore
Eckerd College

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Allan Wagers <awagers@joycedayton.com>:
>

>>I'm testing IMP 3.1r1, turba, and kronolith for a non-MS solution. So far
>>hats
>>off, very nice program suite. I would however, like to know how to stop
>>the
>>sessions from timing out. My users are loging in in the morning and
>>leaving the
>>INBOX page open. This way they are notified when new mail arrives. Some
>>users
>>are being asked to log back in after recieving the new mail popup window.
>

> This happens because the pages stop refreshing if a javascript popup is
> open. One solution would be to instruct your users to disable the
> notification popup or even lock it in the preferences.
> Or you can increase the session's life length as Ramon pointed out.
>
> Jan.
>
> --
> http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge
> http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft

Walter R. Moore --  System Administrator, Eckerd College
moorewr@eckerd.edu --  http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr

"It was glorious to see -- if your heart were iron,
And you could keep from grieving at all the pain" - The Iliad (13.355)