[imp] performance questions

Mike Barsalou mbarsalou@aidea.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:28:04 -0800

Since we are talking about performance....How do I know where the bottleneck
is?  For example, I have a user that has 3000+ messages in his inbox.  It
takes approximately 6 minutes to get the first message list screen.  We are
using 100mb network.  I know that we can move those messages to another
folder...that's fine.  How can we tell where the slowness is occurring?

In our particular setup we have IMP/apache/PHP on one machine, MySQL on
another and a separate exchange server.  This isn't going to be the final
setup, however, it seems like a great opportunity to see what affects how
fast things get loaded.

Anyone have any immediate suggestions?

Mike