[imp] spamassassin/razor tie-in ...

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:31:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>:
>
> > Would it be as simple as:
> > +        $raw_msg = imap_fetchheader($imp['stream'], $index, FT_UID) .
> > "\n" . imap_body($imp['stream'], $index, FT_UID);
> > +        exec("echo $raw_msg | " . $conf['spam']['program'] . ' -a ' .
> > $spell_opt, $warnings);
>
> Oooooh, piping a spam message through exec(). Bad, bad, bad, bad idea! ;-)

I'm not yet familiar with spamassassin/razor, but have you considered
leaving the IMP code alone and just having the email address it reports
spam to pipe all received messages into razor?  The only problem I see
with that is if you want to make sure the messages going into razor are
only coming from your authenticated users (i.e. from within an IMP
session).

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |