[imp] Advice on MySQL activity

Iain Firkins iain.firkins@uwe.ac.uk
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:51:58 +0100

Hi all,

I've downloaded and installed Silkymail, but I've found myself mostly
using IMP-type help and advice to set up my test machine.

For info, I use:
- Solaris 8
- Apache 1.3.22
- PHP 4.1.2

I've compiled PHP with MySQL, LDAP, GDBM and IMAP support, and it's
compiled as a dynamic Apache module (through apxs) (I included these
various options to get around error messages that were being produced
during the "configure" stage).

I've been able to successfully run the test.php3 page as supplied, and
the "counter" test works okay. I've been able to view the table directly
in the database so I'm happy that aspect is working okay.

The problem (I think it's a problem) comes when users start to read
email. No information is being stored in the database at all, instead
it's all being stored in files in imp/data.

Maybe I'm expecting database activity when there is none? After reading
various help pages and the list archives, it would seem that all my
configuration settings are correct. So please put me out of my misery!!

Regards,

Iain

--
Iain Firkins