[imp] motd.php

Kelemen Zoltan keli@kmdsz.ro
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:54:24 +0300

Quoting Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org>:

> I tried this, but it showed up on the page as text that I can't read at all
> unless I highlight the whole page.  I am no php progammer, so I wouldn't
> have the faintest clue what to do now.

having a php extension to the "motd" file doesn't mean you _have_ to write php.
It's just filtered through the php parser, but actually you can put plain old
HTML in there just as well, if you don't need dynamic content. If you do, well
then you _can_ put php code in it. that's all.
and writing php code can be really simple. just take a look at the official
documentation on php.net. it's pretty readable and self-explaining :)

 zOLtaN