[imp] Dates of messages

peterf@3d-computers.co.uk peterf@3d-computers.co.uk
Wed, 1 May 2002 22:23:50 +0100

Dear All,

When using IMP to read my mail, most (but not all) messages appear as though
they have arrived four days ago.  I.e. Messages in my inbox today (1st May)
show an arrival date of the 27th April, If I send a message to myself in
horde, it arrives showing as the latest item in the inbox but with a date of
the 27th April.  Yet all the servers both the may server, and the Imp server
are correctly setup in the right time zone and synchronised to a precise
atomic NTP server.  When the messages are opened they show the correct date
and time (i.e. today/now for the ones I tested sending to myself).

Interesting enough messages received today from the imp list (moved by a rule)
show the time of arrival, implying that they (correctly arrived today).  My
time zone is GMT+1 (i.e. BST).

A GMT time setting in the time zone pulldown would be a good idea too, after
all GMT is the world standard time, seems silly to leave out the "temporaly"
most important timezone on which all the others are based.

Regards

Pete