[imp] Login problem IMP 3.1

Patrick Drouin patrick.drouin2@sympatico.ca
Thu, 2 May 2002 15:40:03 -0400

Hello everyone,

 I have a problem with logins with the current relase of IMP. I am =
trying to connect to a remote POP3 server and I always get this message =
when trying to connect:=20

"Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was =
entered incorrectly."

 Now, from the same box that is running the IMP interface, at the prompt =
level when using telnet to connect to port 100 on the remote box, I am =
able to connect without any problem.=20

 The username I have to use if in the form me%remoteserver.org. Could =
the % be causing the issue with the login?

Thanks

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hello everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;I have a problem with logins with the current relase of IMP. =
I am=20
trying to connect to a remote POP3 server and I always get this message =
when=20
trying to connect: </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or =
password was=20
entered incorrectly."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;Now, from the same box that is running the IMP interface, at =
the=20
prompt level when using telnet to connect to port 100 on the remote box, =
I am=20
able to connect without any problem. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;The username I have to use if in the form =
me%remoteserver.org. Could=20
the % be causing the issue with the login?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>P</DIV></BODY></HTML>