[imp] CVS IMP with PGP Support

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu, 2 May 2002 19:58:48 -0600

Quoting Ilya <mail@krel.org>:

| Looks like pgp stuff somehow got broken ;)
| after signing message and sending it to myself , imp shows only subject
| and
| empty body.
| though message source shows everything.

Check out the latest CVS - IMP currently displays encrypted text and PGP
keys just fine - I/We are just working on getting digitally signed messages
to work.

The problem: the PHP mail/imap functions do not correctly return enough of
the message to correctly check the digital signature (For those that care,
RFC 2015 requires that the entire message INCLUDING the MIME headers of
that part be use to create a digital signature.  Unfortunately all imap
functions that retrieve the body of the MIME part strip the MIME header
information away.  Thus, we are verifying the signature on something LESS
than the previous message so, obviously, it always comes up as a BAD
signature).

Give me a few days and I think I'll have this sorted out.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder