[imp] IMP 3.0 's IMAP Authentication, how to force plain?

Andres Aeschlimann Andres.Aeschlimann@id.unibe.ch
Fri, 03 May 2002 12:07:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all

My IMAP server is installed on the same machine as IMP and supports
cram-md5 authentication, although this facility is only used by very few
accounts (out of many).
What happens now is that IMP finds out that cram-md5 is provided and tries
to authenticate for an account which is not defined under the md5 and
fails with "no user".
To avoid this, I'd like to configure IMP to use plain IMAP
authentification instead of md5 for that server, which is no issue since
IMP and IMAP are on the same machine.

Could some kind soul point me to the location where to do that? (config,
scripts, ...)

Thanks in advance

Res Aeschlimann
Dr. Andres Aeschlimann     Andres.Aeschlimann@id.unibe.ch
University of Berne
Gesellschaftsstrasse 6
CH-3012 BERNE              tel: +41 31 631 3845
Switzerland                fax: +41 31 631 3865