[imp] IMP Listing All Users' Inboxes

Mike Tibor tibor@tibor.org
Fri, 3 May 2002 12:04:11 -0800 (AKDT)

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Mike Tibor wrote:

> On Thu, 2 May 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> >
> > Dunno, then. You're sure other IMAP clients, similarly configured, don't
> > show the same behavior?
>
> Well, pine doesn't.  I'll try netscape tomorrow and see how it acts.

I think I've found something on this one--I had been doing my testing with
a normal user, but who has a gid of 0.  I created a new user and did not
make him a member of group wheel, and when I logged in as that user things
seemed just fine (I was only able to see INBOX + ~/mail/*)

Also, when I logged in as the user w/ gid 0, I noticed that it did not in
fact display ALL users in the dropdown box, only most of them.  I haven't
figured out yet what would cause certain users to show up there, and
others not to.

Any ideas what might cause this behavior?

Thanks,
Mike