[imp] Receiving fatal error when attempting to log in...

Jim Adams jadams@tellme.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 17:11:56 -0700

> Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
> > /var/www/html/mail/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 18

> You didn't setup a preference backend.
>
> Jan.
Thanks for responding! Am I correct in thinking you mean the mysql database
backend?  If so, can you point me the direction of where or what I need to
configure? Links, FAQs, personal experience any would be greatly
appreciated!

I attempted to recreate the mysql database using the directions in the
README file in horde/scripts/db (after deleting the original database) but
after I ran the 'mysql_create.sql' script, I attempted to create the tables
I received the following errors:
[root@sorry db]# mysql --user=horde --password=**** horde < auth.sql
ERROR 1050 at line 3: Table 'horde_users' already exists
[root@sorry db]# mysql --user=horde --password=**** horde < prefs.sql
ERROR 1050 at line 3: Table 'horde_prefs' already exists

I'm not very experienced with databases but I took at look at the
'mysql_create.sql' script and it appears these two tables are indeed being
set up in the script.  Are these additional steps still necessary?

Thanks again!
Jim