[imp] imp with virtual accounts

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Sun, 5 May 2002 08:18:59 -0700

Quoting Lokesh Khanna <lkhanna@hughes-ecomm.com>:

| Hi
|
| Any one from you is using IMP webmail with virtual accounts ?
I am.
| I am using IMP
| 3.0 and its working with normal system accounts but not with virtual
| account.
| But i m able to access my virtual account using any other client like
| outlook express etc ..
| what should i do ??

First you might want to read:
  http://www.horde.org/papers/Scalable_webmail_HOWTO.php

IMP alone can't create a virtual account as I'm sure you know.  You
need to have a virtual user/domain plan that includes your O.S.,
namesevers, webservers, database, smtp, pop3, imap, to name a few.

I hope this helps,

ed