[imp] login failure

Jason Bradley Nance jbnance@tresgeek.net
Sun, 5 May 2002 15:53:45 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,
    I just installed and configured Horde 2.1 RC2 and Imp 3.1 RC2 on a Red
Hat 7.2 box with uw imap (2000c-15 rpm), and a fresh compile of Apache
1.5.56 and php 4.2.0.  My php install included imap, imap-ssl, kerberos,
and the other necessary Horde components.  On my horde/test.php page,
everything is marked as supported except for PostgreSQL (I'm using MySQL)
and mcal.  On my imp tests screen, if I enter in a correct username and
password combination, I get this:

server="localhost" user="aitrus" mailbox="{localhost:143}INBOX"

Warning: Couldn't open stream {localhost:143}INBOX in /home/httpd/html-
dev/horde/imp/test.php on line 157

Warning: imap_mailboxmsginfo(): supplied argument is not a valid imap
resource in /home/httpd/html-dev/horde/imp/test.php on line 158
INBOX has messages ( new recent)
Warning: imap_close(): supplied argument is not a valid imap resource
in /home/httpd/html-dev/horde/imp/test.php on line 160

Notice: Retrying LOGIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed
(errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

Notice: Retrying LOGIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed
(errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

Notice: Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed
(errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

If I try to login from the normal login screen, the child process
segfaults.  =(

I tried turning on horde logging (to a file) and set it to debug, but I
never see anything.  I also have php logging, and am looking in the virtual
host's log, but I don't see anything that would shed light as to what is
going on.

Ideas?

Jason Bradley Nance
jbnance@tresgeek.net
http://www.tresgeek.org/

-
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have
 and take a step into the darkness of the unknown
 we must believe that one of two things will happen:
        There will be something solid for us to stand on
         or we will be taught to fly.

                -Patrick Overton, "Faith"