[imp] Unable to Open PGP Signed/Encrypted Message

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue, 7 May 2002 10:19:10 -0600

Quoting m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com:

| 1. I am unable to open an email message sent to me by someone already in
| my keyring, I get the following error:
|
|   This message has been encrypted with PGP.
|
|   Could not decrypt PGP data.

Could you try decrypting the message via the command line?  On my TODO list
is to return better error messages from gpg (essentially, just returning
the output from the program).

Maybe the message wasn't encrypted right?  Unlike signed messages,
encrypted messages are not really immune to any problems in the mail
stream.  Thus, even if a mailing relay mangles end of lines, etc. the
encrypted message still has a good chance of coming out right.

Talk to me personally if you are still having problems.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder