FW: [imp] What might cause this?

Jim Adams jadams@tellme.com
Wed, 8 May 2002 17:16:30 -0700

Thank you for replying!  Sorry for being too vague with information about
what I am attempting to do.  I have tried to answer your questions with some
clarity below.

I am attempting to install and configure Horde: 2.0 with IMP: 3.0.  I am
running Red Hat 7.2 with the following needed rpm packages installed:
php-4.0.6-7 (moved aside replaced by pear-4.1.0)
mysql-3.23.41-1
imap-2000c-15
sendmail-8.11.6-3
apache-1.3.20-16

> > I am having a similar problem.  I have been told it has to do with not
> > having the 'preference backend' set up.
>
> Depends on how you authenticate. Can't tell without more info.

I am using Cyrus/imap to authenticate:
<horde.php>
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{imap01.corp.tellme.com/imap:143}INBOX';

> Do all logins fail for Horde and IMP, or just one or the other?  Does
> Horde do its own authentication, or use IMP for authentication?

Yes, all logins fail.  I am using IMP for authentication.
<registry.php>
$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

The exact error returned in the browser when attempting to  login is:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/html/mail/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 182"

I believe it is making a connection to the Cyrus server when authenticating.
When I type a bad password or username it will ask me to try again telling
me that I have entered bad info.

> Is there anything in the imap server log files if you are doing IMP or
> imap authentication?

Not that I have been able to find, the /var/cyrus/log directory on the cyrus
server is empty. I am, as I write still looking for any useful log files
from the cyrus server.  Locally, I see entries of this nature in the
maillog:
May  8 14:42:34 sorry imapd[9050]: imap service init from 127.0.0.1
May  8 14:42:35 sorry imapd[9050]: Authenticated user=jadams
host=localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]
May  8 14:42:35 sorry imapd[9050]: Logout user=jadams
host=localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]
Does anything stand out to you as a possible cause for the errors I am
receiving?

Thanks again for responding!
Jim