[imp] Problem w/ PHP 4.2.1, IMP 3.0, Log.php

Dan Brown dan@familybrown.org
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:39:52 -0400

    I've been running Horde 2.0/IMP 3.0 under PHP 4.1.2 for a while with
no problems.  Last night, I upgraded to PHP 4.2.1.  Now, I get this when
I try to log in to IMP:

Warning: Failed opening 'Log.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/share/pear')
in /home/httpd/html/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 141

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'log'
in /home/httpd/html/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 151

    I get this after submitting the login information (that is, I get the
login screen, but no further).  The PEAR files from my RPMs are
in /usr/share/php, but there is no Log.php.

    There is another Log.php file on my drive, which I expect is rather
outdated.  When I change the include_path to also include its directory,
I get a different error when logging on, but reloading the page allows it
to proceed:

Warning: openlog() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given
in /usr/local/lib/php/Log/syslog.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/lib/php/Log/syslog.php:45)
in /home/httpd/html/horde/imp/redirect.php on line 58

    That Log.php file is tagged:

// $Id: Log.php,v 1.2 2001/01/04 15:56:05 chagenbu Exp $
// $Horde: horde/lib/Log.php,v 1.15 2000/06/29 23:39:45 jon Exp $

    I'm not seeing anything in the list archives mentioning this, but I
could be searching poorly.  Any ideas how I should proceed from here?
Thanks for any input!

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, dan@familybrown.org
"Since all the world is but a story, it were well for thee to buy the