[imp] Problem w/ PHP 4.2.1, IMP 3.0, Log.php

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Tue, 14 May 2002 16:40:52 -0700

Quoting Sean M Lentner <Sean@Lentner.com>:

| [root@cube bin]# find / -name Command.php
| /usr/lib/php/PEAR/Command.php

That is good.  Now you know why your first attempt didn't work.  You
may have an error in the include_path in one of your php.ini files, more
below.

Now you can try.

# lynx -source http://pear.php.net/go-pear | sh

It will ask for path for the pear command.  I use /usr/local/bin/pear
You can use the following to see where pear is if you have it in you
$PATH.

# type pear
pear is /usr/local/bin/pear

It will ask you for the path to the php includes.
If the default isn't [/usr/lib/php] type in /usr/lib/php

It will ask you if you want the common files or something similar, I see
no reason to not answer yes.

It will then download pear and you should be ready to install Mail_Mime

# pear install http://pear.php.net/get/Mail_Mime

Be sure that your include_path = ".:/usr/lib/php" at a minimum in your
php.ini for both the standard and standalone versions.  For this
phpinfo() is your friend.

That should get you going.

ed

 http://insourcery.com - Mergence of Business and Technology