[imp] folder with weird names

Christian.Scherer@is-sw.com Christian.Scherer@is-sw.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 16:18:00 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to the list.

I have installed imp on a  SUSE Linux and working with a Lotus domino
server V. 5.0.9a.

Everything works fine, but I have a problem with the folders.

Everytime i have more than 3 folders in a mailbox, an additional
folder/mailbox named with special characters is created .

E.g. I usually can see the folders INBOX and TRASH. When I save a message
as a draft the DRAFT folder is created. When I want to save a message in
the folder SENT (what means more than 3 folders) the folder SENT is
created + the weird folder is created. For every new folder this happens,
what means when I have 7 folders I get 3 of the weird, too, what means in
summary I have 10 folders.

Is it possible that it has something to do with the problem in the recent
message:

<!--StartFragment-->My guess is that you are using Courier IMAP.  There is
a maximum
connection count of 3 per IP address as default, but Outlook opens a
connection for each folder that you have.

Just bump up the connection limit.  Google it though, because I'm sure I =
saw someone say how to limit outlook to few connections a while back, =
probably on the Courier list?

Ed