[imp] PGP Usage Question

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed, 15 May 2002 13:19:40 -0600

Quoting alex <alex@thbuo.gov.tw>:

| I have the same problem,too.
|
| Alex
|
| > I've finally decided to implement the pgp option to imp and I've
| > sucessfully created my key, yahoo! I tried adding someones key into my
| > ring and I recvd an error. Also, the functionality is different from the
| > Save pub key link on the bottom of the email body, compared to the link
| > above the pub key, which when clicked also gives you a Save option, the
| > latter being the only one that works for me.

Hmmm.  Looks like the code might allow you to add a key to your current
addressbook even though the public key may exist in a _different_
addressbook.  Thus, when you try to retrieve it, IMP will find keys in more
than 1 addressbook.

I will change the behavior so that IMP will NOT add a key to your
addressbook if the public key exists in ANY addressbook.  (However, this
may not be expected behavior - if the other addressbook goes away, the
public key will likewise disappear even though the user will have believed
it has been added to his addressbook.  Is this acceptable?)

michael

BTW - My reply was generated by the new code I am tweaking that justifies
text in reply strings.  This message came out looking pretty nice, I must
admit.  Still needs a bit more work though.

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder