[imp] Inline Images (corrected)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Sat, 18 May 2002 12:50:24 -0600

Quoting Michael Wright <michael@abditory.com>:

| ALCON,
|
| Over the year or two that I have used IMP, I have seen several requests
| for
| inline images on this listserv. I haven't found code on this listserv to
| solve
| this request, though I admit I may not be looking hard enough. If this
| functionality is already out there, please accept my apology and delete
| this
| message with all due speed. :-)

This feature has now been implemented using the MIME_Viewer framework.  For
now (and maybe forever) I have disabled viewing attached images inline by
default - to activate, change the 'inline' parameter for the 'images'
viewer in mime_drivers.php to 'true'.

NOTE: we will honor any MIME attachment request that it be an attachment -
that is, if the content-disposition is set to 'attachment', IMP will NOT
display the image inline.  This is not a bug, but rather an implementation
issue.  Comments on this are welcome.

Additionally, let me know if there are any other image types out there that
we are missing, or that do not display correctly in a particular browser.

I would have liked to implement this as a Horde-wide module, but there is
an IMP requirement in the viewer ('via_view_imp').  Any comments on this?

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder