[imp] Failed login Redhat 7.3

Steve Sloan steve@lansol.com.au
Mon, 20 May 2002 11:22:22 +0930

I am trying to setup Horde 3.0 and IMP 2.0 on a new install of Redhat 7.3

I am using imap to authenticate and have proved that imap is working as an
older ver of IMP on another box can connect OK to the RH7.3 box, as can
email clients.

But when I try and login it comes back with Login failed every time.

The results of /horde/test.php are

Horde Versions
Horde: 2.0
IMP: 3.0
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
PHP Version: 4.1.2
PHP Major Version: 4.1
PHP Minor Version: 2
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
FTP Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: No
MCAL Support: No
Mcrypt Support: No
MySQL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: No
XML Support: Yes
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
magic_quotes_runtime set to Off: Yes
PHP Sessions
Session counter: 1
To unregister the session: click here
PEAR
PEAR - Yes
Recent PEAR - Yes
Mail::RFC822 - Yes
Log - Yes
DB - Yes

the horde.log file give me

May 20 10:54:17 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 192.168.X.X to
localhost:143[imap] as steve [on line 332 of
"/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

every time as well.

I am starting to wonder about the version of PHP in RH7.3 as the same
versions of Horde and IMP work OK on a RH7.2 box

Any ideas most welcome as I have been stuck on the this for several days and
don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Thanks

Steve Sloan