[imp] Re: Sqwebmail and IMP together on RH7.2?

frank@fahs.net frank@fahs.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 15:17:02 GMT

JUst for clarification in the midst of an allergy warped mind, I am going to
try to explain what I understand and just tell me if I am "hot or cold"
unless you have some advice (I will grovel for advice if needed).

 -qmail is my mail server application, allowing me to send and receive email

 -vpopmail is the collector of that mail allowing me to create maildirs that
sort incoming mail to seperate addresses and deposit them into the
respective directories (dumb question: what would happen if i didnt have
this?)

 -sqwebmail allows me to access the vpopmail maildir and read and send mail
using qmail commands through a GUI. But sqwebmail will allow me to create
and store messages seperate subdirectories in my main vpopmail directory.

Here is where I perform a big stretch

 -IMP (obviously) runs independently of sqwebmail to allow me to access my
maildir using a different GUI.  But I can still access the same INBOX and
(hopefully) other (sub)maildirs becasue they are actually creations of
vpopmail and qmail, with sqwebmail being only the GUI that sent the commands
to manage them.

 -IMAP will work as my communication protocol between IMP and Qmail/Vpopmail.

__Hot     or     ___Cold

Thanks for spending this time with me.

Frank