[imp] IMP and Secure IMAP

Phil Dibowitz phil@ipom.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 14:21:40 -0700

Cliff Green wrote:

> Quoting Steve Lidie <sol0@Lehigh.EDU>:
>

>>>you using imap/ssl/novalidate-cert ?
>>>
>>I've tried all the combinations (-: on RC2 and RC3 (Horde/IMP/turba).
>>The stunnel trick works for RC2, still can't
>>authenticate on RC3 yet.  I do, however, see login success/failure
>>messages in /tmp/horde.  And using DEBUG doesn't
>>seem to add further information for tracking the problem, as you noted.
>>

> Is there anything in your imap server logs or mail.log?  Have you tried
> using openssl's s_client to logon to the imap server on port 993 to see what
> it has to say for itself?

Since I'm having the same problem I'll respond as well.
not only can I use s_client to connect - I can check my email via imap/ssl
with Netscape!!!

But IMP won't work. IMP does regular IMAP fine. No Secure IMAP. My imap server
shows a secure imap server spawned for the connection, but it then exits about
10 seconds later.

Secure POP doesn't work either. And I'm using imap/ssl/novalidate-cert and
pop/ssl/novalidate-cert.

Phil
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin, 1759