[imp] Version Question

Thu, 23 May 2002 20:00:02 -0500

Quoting Rich West <Rich.West@divatv.com>:

> Hrmm.. I only realized today that I had downloaded the HEAD branch of
> everything from CVS, which means that I am running IMP-4.0 from CVS.
>
> I've been running this for 2 to 3 weeks now with little (aka: no)
> problems, except periodic login display problems under Netscape 6.x
> (never seen under IE by our users).
>
> The question is:  Is running this version a Bad Thing(tm)?  If so, how
> would one propose to 'downgrade' to the right version?

If you have no problems after 3 weeks, then you might as well stick with
it as it is obviously meeting your needs!

Generally I don't recommend the HEAD branch for production.  If you want
to do it anyway, then just be sure to test it well before you set your
users loose.  The 2-3 weeks you've been using it migbt be considered
a reasonable test period by some, and reason to stick with it.

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!