[imp] IE refresh problem.

Sat, 25 May 2002 13:55:30 -0500

Quoting sampath kumar <fd98279@yahoo.co.in>:

>  Hello,
>
>          I have been trying to install IMP for a long
> time.Everything works fine...but when we press the
> send button in the compose window.IE shows page connot
> be found error.

Because your apache/php installation is giving a segfault.  That is
the root problem, and has to be fixed or worked around.

> Unless we press the back/refresh button
> on the IE the compose window never returns.
>          I there anyway we can display a message
> saying the mail has been sent?

No, since the web server is crashing, there is nothing you can do except
fix it so the web server doesn't crash.

>  yours sincerely,
>  sam.

Before anyone flames me, I already replied to this person telling them
some changes to try to avoid the segfault, and recommending that if they
can't get around it with code changes, they need to reinstall php (and/or
apache).

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!