[imp] problem with new head fetch mail code

Sat, 25 May 2002 16:38:10 -0500

Just update from head cvs.  Fetchmail.php seems to work okay (displays okay).
But fetchmailprefs.php seems to have some form of javascript issues.

Running Windows XP pro.  With MS IE 6.0, I go into preferences, select
the fetch mail options, and everything is fine.

Same system, running Netscape Communicator 4.77, I go into preferences,
select the fetch mail options, and I get a blank screen where the options
code should be. I do see the menus at the top and bottom, but nothing
in between those.  If I do a "view source" I see the source code and
everything looks fine in the source, but it doesn't display on the screen.
If I put some text as line 1 of templates/fetchmail/manage.inc (before
anything else in the file) I can see it.  If I put it on line 2 (after
the <form> tag) I can't see it.  But if I put it on line 2 as
work "debug" but nothing more.  If I put that same code down later in
the file (almost anywhere) then I see nothing.

I think this is a javascript buglet that displays okay in some browsers
but not in others.

After trying this many, many times, I tried to bring up the compose window
and Netscape crashed...  Probably related, but can't prove it.

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!