[imp] Blank page reading mail

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 27 May 2002 11:41:27 -0600

Quoting Erik Slooff <erik@slooff.com>:

| I must say I'm not familier with the applicable RFC's but is this a
| legitimate
| reason for IMP not displaying the message? In this case it was spam but
| in
| other cases it might not be preferable ;-)
|
| Bye,
|
| Erik

The problem becomes which encoding to use - we can't use a default 7bit or
8bit, for example, because the unknown data might be in base64.  And,
99.99% of mail messages that have malformed headers are SPAM or viruses
(case in point, the Klez virus/worm.  IMP does not show the attachment that
contains the virus because of bad headers).

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder