[imp] Imap Connection Troubles with Horde-2.1/Imp-3.1

Steve Lidie sol0@Lehigh.EDU
Tue, 28 May 2002 14:13:18 -0400

On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 02:21 PM, Darren Alexander wrote:

> I have just installed Horde 2.1 and Imp 3.1.  After searching the web,
> checking the list, and reading all the docs, I still have problems
> authenticating users with Imp.
>
> I have configured horde to use imp for auth.  I have added imp to the
> registry.  Imp is set up to authenticate to my imap server (cyrus
> 2.0.16). I have run horde/test.php and everything shows green except
> FTP, MCAL and PostreSQL support for PHP, which I don't think I need. I
> also ran and imp/test.php and was able to successfully establish an imap
> connection to my server.
>
> Imp/Horde is not even attempting to make a connection to the imap server
> when I enter username/password info into the login screen.  There are no
> failures logged to my apache logfile.  Here are the only two errors I
> can see:
>
> At the login page:
>
> Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was
> entered incorrectly.
>
> In access_log (httpd log):
>
> <ip omitted> - - [28/May/2002:11:37:09 -0500] "GET
> /horde/imp/login.php?1=1&imapuser=<omitted>&server=<omitted>&reason=failed
> HTTP/1.1" 200 5476
>
> I see no incoming connections on my imap server when I try to login to
> imp.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Am I missing something in the
> configuration of imp or horde?

Those are my symptoms EXACTLY, as of last week.  I set IMP aside then for
a few days, and I plan to re-examine my setup Thursday - I'll email you
privately until we get this thing figured out (;