[imp] Configure options for Apache / PHP when using a SSLaccelerator.

Christopher Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:49:03 -0500

> I have a working configuration of IMP 3.x.  The entire session is served
via
> SSL.
>
> To offload the processing overhead of the SSL sessions, I have recently
> added an external SSL accelerator device to the webserver.   It functions
by
> transparent proxy of the IP address of the webserver, then passing
> unencrypted http traffic to the webserver on an 'alternate port'.  I was

I compiled PHP 4.2.0-dev with SSL support and Apache 1.3.24 without SSL
support.

------

How do I prevent the redirect.php page from detecting the port number?

My first roadblock is that IMP is currently assuming the port it should
redirect requests to is the "private" port instead of the "public" port.

The symptoms:

Using Internet Explorer 5.0 or Netscape 4.79 I request:
https://webmail.tulane.edu:9443/horde/imp/index.php
 and twenty seconds later the error message:
could not open the site https://webmail.tulane.edu:81/horde/imp/redirect.php
.

OR, I request the login page, and give my valid credentials, then time out
with a cannot find server / DNS error.

I want the entire session to be SSL ( hence the SSL accelerator ) and I have
the variable $conf['use_ssl'] = 1;
 set in the horde/config/horde.php file.

How do I prevent the redirect.php page from detecting the port number?

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Crowley
TIS Network Services
Tulane University