[imp] Attachments are saved as view.*, bug?

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 01:45:28 +0200

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
>
> | Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
> |
> | |
> | | Are you sure? Isn't that breaking RFCs? I always thought that
> | urlencoded
> | | strings in HTTP headers are not valid.
> | |

> | Maybe I read the wrong one.  There's too damn many of them :)  I'll
> check
> | into this some more.
> |

> I've gone ahead and just translated all spaces to underscores - this is
> the
> best way I can think of to keep naming consistent across
> browsers/platforms
> without breaking RFCs (I could'nt find the urlencoding stuff in the RFCs,
> but I didn't look particularly hard either).

I'm not very happy with this as it breaks the attachments' filenames just
because some quirky browsers. I know this is really annoying if you use some
IE versions but it's even more annoying for all users of non-broken browsers
if they don't get the correct filename from an attachment.
Please revert this patch.

Jan.