Please re-instate 'protocol' => 'imap' (was Re: [imp] IMP RC-3 login problem)

Steve Lidie sol0@Lehigh.EDU
Fri, 31 May 2002 12:15:47 -0400

On Thursday, May 30, 2002, at 09:41 AM, Christopher Crowley wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I am installing IMP 3.1-RC3. The problem I am experiencing is that the user
> cannot log in.  The connection is never made to the server.  I am using
> localhost as the server, and tailing the connections log to see what inetd
> connections are made.  There is a 3.0 IMP installation on the same machine
> which is configured to use localhost as its server, and it is functioning.
>
> I double checked all the horde configuration settings that I think are
> relevant. Can you suggest where to search for the cause of this login
> failure?
>

> Specific configuration info follows:

> <horde/imp/config/servers.php>
> $servers['imap'] = array(
>     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
>     'server' => '127.0.0.1',
>     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',

Sorry, I cannot send a patch, but this is a request to re-instate 'protocol'
  => 'imap' in
servers.php.  This would entail changing the documentation at the beginning
of the file,
and modifying the drop-down Server menu on the IMP login screen to look
something like this:

IMAP
IMAP/notls
IMAP over SSL
IMAP over SSL (self-signed)
POP-3
POP-3 over SSL (self-signed)

This is because in IMP 3.1 RC3, if you enable
$conf['server']['change_server'] and
$conf['server']['change_protocol'], selecting IMAP is really selecting IMAP/
notls.

Thanks.

BTW, horde/imp/turba-RC3 look very good, nice job.

Steve