Please re-instate 'protocol' => 'imap' (was Re: [imp] IMP RC-3 login problem)

Steve Lidie sol0@Lehigh.EDU
Fri, 31 May 2002 12:34:17 -0400

On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 12:23 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Steve Lidie <sol0@Lehigh.EDU>:
>
>> Sorry, I cannot send a patch, but this is a request to re-instate
>> 'protocol'
>>   => 'imap' in
>> servers.php.  This would entail changing the documentation at the
>> beginning
>> of the file,
>> and modifying the drop-down Server menu on the IMP login screen to look
>> something like this:
>
> Why should we? It works in all cases so far and if I didn't miss something
> it didn't break anything even in this case.

Why should you what?  Re-instate plain 'imap'?  imap/notls does not work
for several of us.
That's just a documentation change.

The menu?  That can be taken as a bug - it kept me from validating for days.