[imp] Horde doesn't completely delegate login to imp.

Christopher Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:00:24 -0500

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck@horde.org>
To: <imp@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] Horde doesn't completely delegate login to imp.

> Quoting Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:
>
> > And eliminated the horde login configuration information.
> > Without a login session, if I select an Application (
> > "Addressbook" for
> > example) I am presented with Horde's login screen. I know it is
> > horde's login screen because it doesn't offer a language drop
> > down like my horde is configured to do.  And, I am not able to
> > log in to it because horde has no login configuration info:
>
> I can't reproduce this, with HEAD or RELENG.
>
> -chuck

It seems that there must be something incorrectly configured in my
installation, then.  This problem is browser independent. I see the
same behavior on IE 5.x, IE 6.x, NS 4.7x, and NS 6.2 .

Here is the horde.log for an example of this problem.  I numbered the
entries, and comment on each entry below.

1) Jun 05 16:36:23 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for
casey@tulane.edu [129.81.119.238] to {localhost:143} [on line 64 of
"/space/local/apache_sslr/htdocs/horde/horde/imp/redirect.php"]

2) Jun 05 16:36:48 HORDE [notice] [imp] Logout for casey@tulane.edu
[129.81.119.238] from {localhost:143} [on line 34 of
"/space/local/apache_sslr/htdocs/horde/horde/imp/login.php"]

3)Jun 05 16:37:00 HORDE [info] [imp] Session timeout for client
[129.81.119.238] [on line 79 of
"/space/local/apache_sslr/htdocs/horde/horde/imp/login.php"]

4)Jun 05 16:37:34 HORDE [debug] [turba] SQL search by
casey@tulane.edu: table = turba_objects; query = "SELECT object_id,
owner_id, object_name, object_email, object_homeAddress,
object_workAddress, object_homePhone, object_workPhone,
object_cellPhone, object_fax, object_title, object_company,
object_notes
FROM turba_objects WHERE  (owner_id = 'casey@tulane.edu') AND
(LOWER(object_name) LIKE LOWER('%casey%'))" [on line 122 of
"/space/local/apache_sslr/htdocs/horde/horde/turba/lib/Driver/sql.php"
]

5) Jun 05 16:38:35 HORDE [notice] [horde] User casey@tulane.edu
[129.81.119.238] logged out of Horde [on line 23 of
"/space/local/apache_sslr/htdocs/horde/horde/login.php"]

2) Clicked on 'Logout' in the IMP menu bar. ( top bar )
3) not sure what this came from...
4) Clicked on 'Addressbook' in the horde menu bar (lower bar) and was
presented with Turba interface, was able to execute query
5) Selected 'Log out' from bottom bar. No subsequent access to
services was permitted.

One possible work around ( that I will try ) would be to change the
['imp']['logout'] registry entry to point to horde/login.php, since
it is horde which is effectively unregistering the session. Is this
something that you have done in your installations?  It doesn't feel
like the correct solution to the problem, though.