[imp] All but attachments

Fri, 7 Jun 2002 21:28:09 -0500

Quoting Joost De Cock <Joost.DeCock@astrid.be>:

> Hi there,
>
> I get the default:
> There was a problem with the file upload. The file may have been larger than
> the maximum allowed size (2 MB).
>
> error message when trying to attach a file, how can I troubleshoot this?
> php.ini says uploads are ok.

How so?  Check, and for some try changing, the values for:

max_execution_time
file_uploads
upload_tmp_dir
upload_max_filesize
post_max_size
memory_limit
safe_mode

Check the output of phpinfo() (from the /horde/test.php page) and see if
the reported values for file_uploads, upload_tmp_dir, and upload_max_filesize
are what you expect or not.

Make sure the web server user can write to and delete from the directory
named in upload_tmp_dir.  Make sure the value of $conf['tmpdir'] in
horde/config/horde.php is what you want it to be and is specified correctly.

Then check all your log files for any clues.

Try uploading a file via IMP, and at the same time monitoring your
upload_tmp_dir to see if anything goes there at all.

If none of that helps, then good luck!

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage