[imp] IMAP client crashs

George A. Theall theall@macp.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:13:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 TiloLutz@gmx.de wrote:

> I've found the following line in one of my logfiles.
> Unfortunalty I don't know what really happened
> because I don't know who has created the error.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jun 12 15:47:18 Wormhole httpd: IMAP toolkit crash: Bad msgno 2 in mail_elt,
> nmsgs = 0

You're using the University of Washington's IMAP toolkit, correct? If
so, that error message indicates a bug in either the toolkit's c-client
or imapd, according to a thread in comp.mail.imap in 1998.  Upgrade to a
newer version of the toolkit and see whether the problem disappears.

George
--
theall@macp.org