[imp] IMP LDAP warnings

Timo Boettcher spida@gmx.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:32:07 +0200

Hi Per,

Nachricht vom Freitag, 14. Juni 2002, 05:21:29:

PB> Jon Parise wrote:

PB> (Thanks for the response!)

>> These values aren't correct, then.  What is you LDAP server telling
>> you?
Hmmm... run slapd with
loglevel        256
in slapd.conf.
what do you get as errormessages?

Did you configure the schema, and the acl for the necessary
objects? It would help if you you paste your slapd.conf here.
How did you populate your ldap-server?

PB> It's not telling me anything.  What am I supposed to ask it, and how?
PB> I'm running Red Hat 7.3 with almost everything installed, and
PB> with an slapd running.

PB> (The top item on my wishlist for Horde/IMP is real complete
PB> step-by-step installation instructions.)

I'm working on that, for RH7.3 + imp + courier + Postfix + ldap
I'll publish that when my machine does work...

>>>Warning: Couldn't open stream {bothner.com:143}INBOX in
>>>/var/www/html/horde/imp/test.php on line 157
>>
>> It doesn't look like the host 'bothner.com' is running an IMAP server.

PB> It is most definitely running an IMAP server (the uw server that is the
PB> default for Red Hat 7.3), and serving from port 143 - that's how Mozilla
PB> accesses my email.

I did get this error to, even as I could acces imap via telnet just
fine.

 Timo