[imp] greyed out e-mail

Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:04:27 -0500

Quoting Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org>:

> I get the digest form of the imp list.  When I try and read it with IMP the
> first message and its reply get purple and black respectively, however, all
> the messages after that are a light gray.

This is a well known problem with digests and signature dimming.  There's not
much you can do other than turn off signature dimming.  Some mailing list
software is smarter than the average bear, and will convert the signature
string in the digest version so this doesn't happen. But most mail software
does not, and you're left with everything from the first signature down appears
in grey.

> Any ideas on what I should do next?

If it boths you, go into your preferences and turn off signature dimming.

I suppose you can ask the mailing list folks for the horde project if they
can do something about this, but it is likely their software won't allow
for changing this...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage