AW: [imp] Characters and umlauts not displayed

Wilmer Geovanny geov@tacteam.de
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 01:40:35 +0200

Hi, I have also PHP 4.2.1
and all CVS versions.

I can not see either umlaut characters like üä nor latin ones like íó,
but when I try to reply the message, the same characteres are shown correctly.

I do not want either to downgrade PHP nor to touch the source code because I
also would like to keep CVS syncronized.

Thank you for a good solution.

Quoting Frank Weise <weise@collogia.de>:

° Hello again,
°
° I downgraded from PHP 4.2.1 to 4.1.2. Now all  the characters and umlauts
° works
° as expected.
° And now ???
°
° Best Regards
° Frank
°
°
°
° Zitat von Frank Weise <weise@collogia.de>:
°
° >
° > Hello,
° >
° > I wrote the message with imp and I tested it with Opera, MS IExplorer and
° > Netscape. All the same.
° > I couldn't understand why it works with imp 3.0 and with imp 3.1 and imp
° 4.0
° >
° > cvs not.
° > I create a message with the text "aäoöuü", sent the message to myself. If I
°
° > read the message all I see is "aou".
° >
° > Is this really a problem only in my site?
° >
° > Best Regards
° > Frank
° >
° > Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
° >
° > > Zitat von Frank Weise <weise@collogia.de>:
° > >
° > > > Hello,
° > > >
° > > > in message
° > > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=102231984915534&w=2
° > > > there's a problem report with the getCharset function.
° > > >
° > > > I couldn't find the final answer to that and I have the same problem.
° > > > I have tested with HORDE 2.1 and IMP 3.0 stable and there is no problem
° > > > with
° > > > umlauts.
° > > > I have testet with HORDE 2.1 and IMP 3.1 stable and there is the
° problem
° > > > also
° > > > with HORDE 3.0 cvs and IMP 4.0 cvs.
° > > > I use PHP 4.2.1.
° > > >
° > > > Also I tracked the problem down to imp/lib/MIME/Viewer/text.php and the
°
° > > > function getCharset.
° > > > If I use the dirty hack
° > > > "changeing line 44, $charset = $this->getCharset($mime);
° > > > to $charset = Lang::getCharset(); these characters are displayed." from
°
° > > > Tilo
° > > > Lutz the characters are displayed correctly. I put the in
° > > > Unfortunately I have no knowledge with PHP
° > >
° > > It works without a problem here. I guess either the messages you get are
° > > broken or your browser.
° > >
° > > Jan.
° > >