[imp] missing Socket.php in PHP-4.2.1 PEAR?

Fritz Zaucker zaucker@ee.ethz.ch
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:48:07 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Roman Serbski <libser@manas.kg>:
>
> > I checked /usr/local/php-4.2.1/lib/php/Net/ - there is no
> > Socket.php inside, so I put the one from PHP-4.1.1
> > (Socket.php,v 1.7.2.2 2001/11/13).
> > Error message disappeared and redirection now works fine =)
> > but I'm not sure whether this is correct way to fix this
> > problem. I mean, may be I should upgrade Net/Socket(?)
> > module the same way as Log and Mail_Mime?
>
> Yes. But if I remember right it's only used by the Mail::smtp package, that
> is you only need it if want to use smtp instead of sendmail.
> Anybody correct me please if I'm wrong.

Whom should the missing Socket.php file be reported to. It is indeed needed
for sending mails via SMTP. I could not find it on http://pear.php.net/

Or would I have to specify something on the ./configure line for PHP to have
it installed at compile/install time of PHP 4.2.1?

Thanks,
Fritz

--
Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering