[imp] Attachment interface confusing to users

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:15:36 -0500

Quoting Allan Wagers <awagers@joycedayton.com>:

> Quoting Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu>:
>
> > A further refinement of the various ideas, a bit cleaner.  To/cc/bcc
> > labels changed to buttons which would pop-up the address book
> > (eliminating the need for a separate address book link), expand names
> > command gone (not sure how to fit it in or how important it really is):
> >
> > http://hurakan.cl.msu.edu/~glowack2/test/imp/imp-compose-screen-3.html
>
> I really like this setup. Better work flow and looks cleaner

I'm not sure people would know what the buttons around the To/cc/bcc
mean.  That is, they would probably notice that they are buttons, but
I'm not sure they would know what they did without either a help file
or some experimenting.  I think I like the first two options a bit more
myself...

I must admit I also find the expand names kind of strange.  It acts on all the
fields if they contain something (to/cc/bcc) when you may only really want
it to expand one field, and so on.  I kind of like the way IMP 2.x worked
where a tab in the field would expand the name...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage