[imp] Attachment interface confusing to users

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:50:04 -0500

Quoting "Marcus I. Ryan" <marcus@riboflavin.net>:

> Not that I necessarily think it's a good idea, but if we had a "submit"
> type button at the end of each address field, the script could pick up
> from that which field to expand names on.

I was thinking (writing) about this earlier today...

> The downside is someone who
> wants to expand names on each field then has to click three buttons and
> wait three times.  Bad.

Very bad.  Didn't think about that.  Bummer.  I never do this, so I
didn't consider it.  Others will/do, so it is an issue.

> Having said that, I don't think the default distribution should be set
> up that way, but if people like the idea, it should be possible for them
> to update their install to work that way.

Interesting that the first goal of this discussion was to talk about
the attachments button, and now we've moved off topic to the
expand names button instead ;)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage