[imp] (Default) Identities vs. 'from' hook

Tero Matinlassi tero.matinlassi@edu.vantaa.fi
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:30:36 +0300

Lainaus Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> This scenario makes sense to me in general, so I've changed the
> ordering in
> HEAD - identities now override the from hook, unless, of course,
> there are
> none or they're locked.

How about using the same scenario for fullname hook also?

I once enabled the hook here because I wanted people to have their full
name filled in automatically, but had to take it off because some
people complained they can't change the name (they are using their
second name instead the first one). Other than that, I can think of a
case someone would like to hide his/her full name from emails, but I
think that's not a common issue. Of course locking the preference could
be used to prevent changing the name.

-Tero

--
Tero Matinlassi