[imp] Attachment interface confusing to users

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
26 Jun 2002 16:18:11 -0400

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 16:11, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:
>
> > Quoting Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu>:
> >
> > > Also, buttons for to/cc/bcc do appear in other email programs.  I'm not
> > > saying they're perfect, or the right choice for IMP, just that they are
> > > used in existing email programs, so users may have encountered them
> > > before.
> >
> > These are relatively common, and I wouldn't be opposed to using them
> > instead of the Address Book link.
>
> Instead of the address book link, or the expand names link?  I don't use
> those other clients, so I have no idea what they do.  But I'd rather
> see it use expand names rather than address book...  Again, if most other
> programs do it one way, I suppose we should to...

Address book.  For example, in Evolution (GNOME email client), the to:
and cc: labels both are buttons that lead to the address book.

Also see my other recent post about the expand-names/address-book
interface where I suggested a way to combine them.  It needs some work
yet, and people are still giving feedback to the idea.

-ED

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University