[imp] IMP + gettext on Solaris

Leena Heino Leena.Heino@uta.fi
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 08:22:11 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Mariusz Zynel wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I've put LD_PRELOAD into /etc/init.d/apache for convenience.
> man ld.so.1 for more details on LD_PRELOAD.

I've used IMP 3.x and with Solaris 8 and I haven't had to include any
LD_PRELOAD configurations. I don't know if this LD_PRELOAD
configuration is needed in Solaris 2.6 or Solaris 7.

I just installed all the language support files to Solaris from Solaris 8
installation cd and recompiled all the Horde's and Horde application
locale files using Makefiles.

> libintl.so should be a GNU library in the directory compiled
> into http and php with -R option. /usr/lib is such a default path.
My installation did not need GNU libintl, at least this is not
needed in Solaris 8. Solaris' gettext works just fine with IMP CVS RELENG
versions. Only trick is that you install those language support files
from Solaris 8 installation cd and recompile locale files.

--
  -- Leena Heino (liinu@uta.fi)