[imp] [OT] Disclaimers

m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:24:14 -0400

While we are on the subject, can we also tone down
the BIG BOLD html fonts? Plain ol' text is what works
for most of us, even though it is supported by Horde :-)

-mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Parise [mailto:jon@horde.org]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 8:50 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] [OT] Disclaimers

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:38:10PM +0100, Chris Noden wrote:

Sorry, Chris, I don't mean to pick on you, but ...

> I too am having problems logging in to a new Horde and IMP
> configuration.  The login page displays fine, but I always get the
> invalid user/password error.  I've tried manually configuring a userid
> but with no joy.
>
> Am I missing something?  I've been back through the config files many
> times, revisited the INSTALL docs and the README.  How do you create a
> new login???  It's not listed on any FAQ that I can see.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris Noden -  <mailto:chris.noden@monstermob.com>
> chris.noden@monstermob.com
> Head of Development
> Monstermob Limited
> Tel: +44 1524 841155
> DDI: +44 1524 586734
> Fax: +44 1524 841166
>

> This message is intended exclusively for the individual(s) to whom it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged, or
> confidential. If you are not the addressee, you must not read, use or
> disclose the contents of this e-mail. If you receive this e-mail in
> error, please advise us immediately and delete the e-mail.

... by the time I reach the disclaimer, I've already read the message.
If I wasn't the intended addressee, how could I have possibly abide by
this?

In short, disclaimers like this are just plain silly.  They only serve
to bloat network traffic (much like this message ...).

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)