[imp] imp header question

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:45:57 -0600

| Zitat von Joe Cave <Joe@tendocom.com>:
|
| > when viewing the headers on an email sent by imp there is a section that
| > relates to the imp user/server instead of just the mailbox/smtp server.
| > is this normal and if so is there a way to change it to only show
| > mailbox/smtp server?

There's no "official" way of setting Received headers - but we add the
username to provide an extra degree of tracking.  It is easy to spoof the
>From address - but this header information will show what account the user
used to send the message.

As Jan mentioned, the code appears in compose.php - you can manually change
it to whatever you want in there.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder