[imp] Bugs or configuration errors?

Chris Hastie lists@oak-wood.co.uk
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:36:39 +0100

Hello

I've just installed IMP 3.1, with Horde 2.1 on a FreeBSD system running
Apache 1.3.26 and PHP 4.2.1. The MTA on the system (ie the 'real'
identity of the sendmail command) is Postfix.

I'm very impressed by IMP, but there are a few glitches I've come across
that may be bugs, or more likely me doing something wrong :)

1)  I have a 'chris' folder and a 'chris.hastie' folder. Both folders
    have subfolders named 'filed'. In the drop down folder list, and in
    the check box folder list on the search screen, 'chris' appears with
    no 'filed' subfolder, whilst 'chris.hastie' has two subfolders
    called 'filed'. Selecting the second one down does take you to
    chris/filed.

2)  A bit more serious this one. Trying to sort a folder view by thread
    causes apache to exit on signal 11:

    |Jul  2 21:30:00 rowan /kernel: pid 46565 (httpd), uid 1016: exited on signal 11

    This is consistently reproducible. I don't seem to have much in my
    logs to go on here, but when searching I did notice this. I don't
    know if it's in any way related:

    Jul  2 21:36:26 rowan httpd[46563]: IMAP toolkit crash: Lock when already locked
    Jul  2 21:36:26 rowan /kernel: pid 46563 (httpd), uid 1016: exited on signal 6

3)  Already mentioned this morning (well it's morning here) - base64
    encoded attachments to messages composed in IMP are reported by my
    main MUA (Turnpike) to have invalid characters in the Base64. This
    seems to apply to messages that actually get sent out via postfix.
    Copies saved by IMP using the IMAP APPEND command are fine. A quick
    comparison suggests a problem with line endings, but I'll have to
    think of something more elaborate to be sure the OS on the receiving
    machine isn't messing about with them.
--
Chris Hastie